New Patient Bariatric Seminars & Support
Each month, there are two obesity support group meetings for monthly educational seminar for patients considering weight reduction surgery, as well as postoperative patients.
First group – first Wednesday of each month, 5:30 at 6:45 p.m. postoperative patients only (nutritionist will be present).
- Second group – fourth Thursday of each month. Information seminars conducted by Dr. Gorecki 5:30-6:00 p.m. followed by open support group meeting 6:00 p.m. at 7:30 p.m.
Upcoming Seminar Schedule
−Postoperative Support Group @ NY Methodist Hospital - (Executive Dining Room)5:30 pm – 6:45 pm
Come join us for at our postoperative support group and educational seminar. Our staff of professionals such as the Nutritionist, Psychologist, Bariatric Coordinator, Exercise Physiologist, and Plastic Surgeon will be on hand to answer any questions you may have.
The support group faculty:
- Piotr Gorecki, MD FACS – Medical Director of Bariatric Surgery Program
- Diane Britton, PhD – Psychologist and Support Group Coordinator
- Krystyna Kabata, PA – Bariatric Program Coordinator
- Wayne Christie, RN – Bariatric Floor Manager
- Cynthia McLauren – Bariatric Clinic Coordinator
- Rachel Gelman, RD – Nutritionist
- Jessie Vargas – Administrative Coordinator
*All meetings will take place in the executive dining room at New York Methodist Hospital (next to the cafeteria on the ground floor).+5:30 pmPostoperative Support Group @ NY Methodist Hospital - (Executive Dining Room)